And that's what I was prepared to write about, and then yesterday took a turn I wasn't expecting it to. I'm not going to get in the details, and this isn't a dramatic "Oh, please ask me what happened!" Suffice it to say, it changed my outlook a bit.
So, as I sit back tonight, almost every window in my house is open. We never got the thunderstorms that were forecasted, but it cooled off a bit, and it smells like rain outside. Fresh, clean....and it makes me feel peaceful. As I came home tonight after a staff bbq, I was struck again how thankful I am just to be home.
Nothing fantastic happened. Came home, put stuff away, kids did homework, threw some laundry in - just normal stuff. But it's so good just to have that normal. To be in my little house which I am so thankful for. To have this home, me and my kids - it's my safe haven. As other things in my world are spinning out of control, this is my safe place, and I pray it is the same for my kids.
I've learned so much about being content in the last year. Being so thankful for what I have, and I think being more aware of what I have. While on the outside everything seems to have fallen apart, I feel more peace than I have in years. These are truly gifts from God, gifts that I am so thankful for.
Last night, I turned to the piano, like I often do when things fall apart. It's more therapeutic than anything else I've found. I just opened books, flipped through songs, playing whatever. This song is where I ended.....seemed appropriate.
"Find rest, my soul, in Christ alone.....know His power, in quietness and trust."
1 comment:
((Hugs)) My friend, it's so good to hear from you, I miss you over at 2peas, not that I post that often any longer.
The Lord never gives us more than we can handle and he is always there for us, sometimes next to us sometimes holding our hands and sometimes he just has to carry us and give us a big hug. I'm glad you are doing better.
I'll visit you next Sunday.
Post a Comment