Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Snow Day!

Yup, I'm pretty sure that we got more snow today than we did in all of last year.  We got about 10 inches here in town, which naturally turned everything into a huge mess. It started last night, and was pretty slippery when I drove home from the members' meeting at church, so I was pretty happy when my phone rang just before 6 this morning, telling me there was no school!

So, I slept in a little, and then thought - what to do with this gift of a day?  So I went to work.  I baked:  ginger snaps, pumpkin raisin and double chocolate cookies.
I got my house cleaned, which made me pretty happy, especially since I was gone last weekend, and couldn't get it done.  All 3 of my kids are sleeping on clean flannel sheets tonight, which is a treat.  They love clean beds almost as much as I do.  :)

All the summer clothes have been put away, and sweaters and hoodies have taken their place.  :(  It's always a little scary, pulling out a new season's clothes, because it tells me who needs what.  Thankfully, other than a couple of warm shirts for John, I think we're good.

And after all that, I even had time to dig around underneath the stairs for my 16 x 20 frame, and planned out what I want to do with my new family pics.  Hoping to get them printed at Costco this week, and then we'll start hanging them!

So, all in all, it was a good snow day - a very productive one.  The downside of snow days is always the fact that I'm not getting paid, but hey, I got lots done here at my "real" job.

No comments: