Don't get me wrong. I did not sit around here moping for the last 3 weeks. I love my children dearly, but when given that kind of time to myself, I took it for the gift that it was. People have asked many times, so what are you doing with yourself?
I did all sorts of stuff. A lot of scrapbooking, which was my main plan. I'm now only a year behind, instead of a year and a half. :) I read my book, out in the sun. I worked on some school stuff (reality says, school is coming), organizing some chapel teams, figuring out bulletin boards, good stuff like that. I looked into some possibilities for the future - maybe university???? We'll see. This week I was able to spend some time with good friends. You know it's a good week when you went out for lunch twice and supper three times, with different people!
Made me realize the gift of having women in my life. I was able to have a couple of one-on-one lunches with some very dear women in my life, and it was wonderful. Tuesday and Thursday evening I was able to celebrate the birthdays of dear friends, surrounded by many others. Wednesday night other friends opened their home to me, which is so appreciated. Let's be honest here: it's a little awkward, inviting the single person over. So, J & J - thanks so much!! And then, just for a little extra fun, I got a call from a former student saying "Come meet us - we have an empty chair with your name on it!"
All in all, a good few weeks. Now, I'm going to enjoy the quietness of today. I told the kids, we have no plans, so we'll see what that turns into. The pool, maybe. Movie night? We'll see. For now, just enjoying being home.
1 comment:
yes, yes, yes!!! So glad you had a break, so glad they had fun, and university - DO IT!! :D Love u, pray for you to be a blessing and to be blessed in the new school year.
Post a Comment