Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scripture Challenge 2010

The word that Patter gave us this week for the Scripture Challenge was "temptation". Right away this word has a negative connotation with it, and I was struggling about what I was going to do with it, until I remembered one of my favorite verses. Everything that we're tempted with? Jesus was tempted by the same things - and did not give in. So He understands it all! All of it! And like it says, we can approach the throne of grace with confidence - those words are such a comfort to me.

5 comments:

Dollie Evans said...

Love your layout, but more importantly love your take on the word. I too have struggled with this one-wasn't really motivated to look too deeply into my thoughts on temptation. Now I can study it with a new light.

Sarah Coggins said...

Beautiful page and take on this challenge! Love the verse you chose. tfs! :)

Nancy said...

What a great page...I love the colors you used! I appreciate the thoughts you shared on these verses! It's also nice to find a fellow Canadian participating in the Challenge...Nancy :o)

Sandy Hentzel said...

Such a nice page. I love that scripture. It always reminds me that I'm not alone.

Vicky said...

We are so not alone in temptation. How good is God! Love your page and scripture verse. TFS :)